Whether you are currently a client losing weight and feeling great AND keeping it off, or if you were in the past, I wanted to reach out to you all as we approach the Big Daddy of all NFL Games! Super Bowl Sunday is here and it has practically become a National Holiday! And we all know that National Holidays revolve around eating, drinking, and partying! Unfortunately, often to excess.
Well, instead of joining the undisciplined and waking up the next day feeling mad at yourself, tired and a few pounds heavier, be a winner at your Super Bowl Party! Find out how by reading below…it will only take a few minutes but is guaranteed to give you hours of return on your investment!
No matter which team you are rooting for, I’d like you to consider this scenario….
Your team is driving for the end zone with 20 seconds left in the fourth quarter. The score is tied. They are on the 10 yard line and the camera zooms in on the quarterback’s face. Suddenly, he smiles and turns to his defensive linemen and says, “You know, we’ve done a pretty amazing job this game to get to this point. We overcame a lot of challenges and look at us now. I think we are close enough to our goal, so let’s just relax, leave the ball here, and go celebrate and have some fun.”
Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? Yet I can’t tell you how often I see a client achieve amazing results. Losing 25, 50, 75 pounds or more, and then stop just 10 or 15 pounds from a healthy weight.
Once they have stopped that forward progress and given up short of their goal, it usually means that they are headed back in the other direction.
In life, not just the Super Bowl, it’s about always making forward progress toward our goals. When we stop short of our goals, it’s hard to get back on track!
Here are some tips for you to follow:
1. Call the hostess to find out what foods she will be having and volunteer to bring an appetizer or meal side dish.
2. Remember that alcohol is loaded with calories. Choose club soda or diet pop. Alcohol will also let down your defenses and you will be more apt to fall for temptations.
3. Don’t change your exercise routine the day of the party.
4. Make the occasion a social event and focus on your friends and fun.
5. When the party is at your house, use low calorie and fat free salad dressings for dips. Have plenty of healthy snacks for you.
6. Make a decision about what you are going to eat before you go.
7. Make a decision about what you will say to those who try to push fattening food on you.
8. Have a shake before you go to curb your appetite.
9. Get up during half time and walk outside (weather permitting) or do some stretching.
10. Stand away from the food table and engage in conversation. Use a small plate to put your healthy food items on, and then walk away.
11. Bring a shake or bar with you in case there are not good food choices at the party, especially if you will be there for 3 hours.
12. Help the hostess! Help serve and clean up. Keep busy.
Take these tips and apply them this weekend. Have fun and enjoy your friends and family and wake up on Monday morning filled with energy and enthusiasm about what lies ahead…and pat yourself on the back for making great, healthy choices over the weekend! If I can help you, let me know! I am here for you!
To Your Health!
Sharon Stewart RN
Certified Health Coach